Thursday, March 7, 2013

GENITAL MUTILATION AMERICAN STYLE.

GENITAL MUTILATION AMERICAN STYLE.

 
 
Most Americans, when presented with the information that approximately 97% of the world's infant male population is not circumcised, are rather astounded.
 
"But I thought everybody was circumcised.  I thought it was a medically necessary thing to do," said a friend when I brought up the issue a few weeks ago.
 
"Nope," I replied, "not even close".
The foreskin is not a birth defect needing remedy by the A.M.A. Nobody in all of Europe, non-Muslim Asia, or Latin America is routinely circumcised.
 
In fact, the only people who routinely cut off the most erogenous part of their boys' penis are Jews, Muslims, certain tribal groups in far-flung parts of the world and... the United States.
 
"Everybody else leaves their sons intact as nature made them."
This is a fact. Indisputable. Most leave their girls intact, too.
 
In our culture, unlike other more civilized societies, it is perfectly acceptable to amputate the male prepuce against the shrieking protests of the victims.
 
Our national chauvinism has blinded us to our own human rights abuses, against our sons, and does not allow us to see anything wrong.
 
I never saw anything wrong with it either until I witnessed my own son being circumcised.
 
The doctor assured me it was a simple little snip of extra skin that had no function and that really didn't hurt the infant.
"You want him to look like you, don't you?"
 
Well, since I really hadn't thought much about it, and since I, too, had gone under the knife at birth, I said "Sure. I guess so. Why not?"
 

 
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
 
.

No comments:

Blog Archive